As a teaching and freelance artist, Arno Mohr had a significant influence on post-war East German art. Immediately after his release as a prisoner of war, Mohr was appointed to the newly founded Berlin-Weißensee Art Academy in 1946. In cooperation with René Graetz and Horst Strempel, Mohr created the monumental mural Metallurgie Hennigsdorf for the “2nd German Art Exhibition” in Dresden in 1949, which was destroyed shortly afterwards. He was successful as a graphic artist with his formally reduced motifs from everyday life in Berlin. The combination of art and craft in the practice of printmaking, which encouraged experimentation, was always central to the work of this workshop manager and graphic artist.