Residency Programme at the Studio for Electroacoustic Music
The Akademie der Künste, Berlin’s Residency Programme at the Studio for Electroacoustic Music promotes new initiatives and inspiring ideas in the fields of time-based, performative, digital arts that occur at the point of intersection between sound, music and technology.
Placements in the Residency Programme will be awarded to 8-10 recipients for a period of 1-2 weeks each. The programme is open to anyone working in the arts. Applicants are encouraged to apply with individual or group projects in the following categories:
- Project proposals from artists for creating new, instrumental, and electronic works
- Works related to acoustics, computer music and radio art, as well as other forms of electroacoustic music and sound art
- Project proposals from artists in all disciplines who view sound as the central element of their art
- Projects of a curatorial, publicational or educational nature rooted in the field of sound-based art practice, and especially those, which make contextual reference to the Akademie der Künste
- Independent research projects in the fields of acoustics, computer science and music studies; namely, those related to software development, spatialisation or network technologies
The Residency Programme is not linked to an accommodation on principle. However, reimbursement of travel and accommodation expenses is possible on a case-by-case basis. Collaborations with other organisations and existing programmes are expressly welcome. By submitting a project proposal, applicants accept the conditions to participate in this call for applications.
The Studio for Electroacoustic Music’s director and its advisory board make the selection of Residency Programme recipients.
Applications can be sent through an online form.
Closing date for applications
Two time periods in which the (maximum) two-week residency can take place are available each year:
Interval 1: 1 April – 30 June
Application deadline: 31 January of the residency year
Interval 2: 1 September ‒ 30 November
Application deadline: 30 June of the residency year